Dental implants themselves are small titanium posts that Dr. Jake surgically places below the gumline and into the jawbone to replace the missing roots of teeth. They’re made from biocompatible titanium, allowing them to naturally fuse with the bone and provide it with necessary blood flow to keep it from deteriorating with time. Once this process, known as osseointegration, has occurred, we can secure a crown, bridge, or denture to the implants to restore the smile.
Dental Implants – Fresno, CA
Reclaim Your Life with Natural Looking & Functioning Dental Prosthetics
Modern advancements in dentistry have made it so our patients can enjoy replacement teeth that not only mimic the appearance of nature, but also the function. Instead of only restoring the visible portion of teeth, dental implants in Fresno allow us to rebuild the entire tooth, including the roots that anchor the crown in place. Every material we use for this process is safe for the body, biocompatible, and customized to resemble your home-grown pearly whites. Call our office today to schedule a consultation and learn whether dental implants are right for you.
Why Choose W Dental for Dental Implants?
- Start-to-Finish Dental Implant Treatment
- Financing Through CareCredit Available
- Highly Experienced Dentist with an Eye for Details
What are Dental Implants?
- The Consultation: During your consultation, our team will capture any necessary X-rays and speak with you about your smile goals. Based on your individual tooth loss case, we’ll customize a treatment plan that we’ll walk you through so you know exactly what to expect throughout the process.
- Dental Implant Surgery: Dr. Jake has additional training that allows him to place dental implants, so you won’t have to worry about traveling to another provider in the middle of the process for this part of the treatment.
- Osseointegration & Abutment Attachment: Between three and six months after your procedure, your dental implants will naturally fuse with the jawbone. This is a crucial part of the success of your implants, ensuring that they’ll last. After osseointegration is complete, we’ll attach a small metal connector piece to the implants, called abutments.
- Securing the Final Restoration: As soon as we receive your final prosthetic from the laboratory, we’ll attach it to the abutments and your smile will be complete!
Who Dental Implants Can Help
The best way to learn whether you’re a good candidate for dental implants is to schedule a consultation with Dr. Jake. Typically, we recommend this treatment for patients who are missing any number of teeth, have good oral health, and who are looking for a more permanent, stable alternative to traditional prosthetics. Then, based on your tooth loss situation, we may outline any of the paths listed below to restore your smile.
Missing One Tooth
For a single missing tooth, we can place one dental implant below the gumline. Once it has fused with the jawbone, we’ll attach a dental crown to fill the gap in your smile.
Missing Multiple Teeth
Instead of needing to alter your natural teeth to receive a traditional bridge, we can attach one to two dental implants placed on either side of the space in your arch. These will provide a strong and secure foundation for your prosthetic with the ability to last over 30 years with good dental hygiene.
Missing All of Your Teeth
For a more permanent and unwavering alternative to traditional dentures, we can secure a denture to anywhere from four to eight dental implants placed throughout the arch. Once fused with the bone, a denture can be attached to the implants, completely eliminating any shifting or slipping.
Understanding the Cost of Dental Implants
Every dental implant treatment that we complete at W Dental is customized to meet each of our patients’ unique needs. That’s why the cost of dental implants can vary depending on several different factors that we’ll outline during your consultation, like how many teeth you’re missing and whether you require any additional procedures. Before moving forward with dental implant surgery, we’ll make sure to walk you through the entire process and provide you with a detailed cost estimate and your financial options.